More threads by Gsmithmike

Reaction score
If i am offering service to my clients and i travel to them. shall i hide my addres on the map? shall i do the same for other local directories as well, some of them they do not allow me to hide and need a complete address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's a violation to have address showing. Pretty sure I mentioned that to you before.

For citations best if you still have address and should be same one that's in your GMB dashboard. The citations are worth more if they have full address. Only time I advise hiding on citations is if someone is really worried about privacy and security, but then like you said there aren't that many that will allow you to list without address.

This is interesting, as many who rank higher are mentioning their complete address.

Many businesses don't even know about the rule. And some violate knowingly because they are afraid it will affect ranking. It does not. Tons of listings rank in the A spot with hidden address.

A couple years ago Google deleted thousands and thousands of listings that didn't hide their address, so I would comply.

@Gsmithmike

Linda's right about the rules, but I haven't seen a business get penalized for not hiding its address for probably 2 years. Also, these days, if Google thinks your address needs to be hidden they'll simply hide it for you rather than take you into the toolshed.

But mappers are still deleting listings Phil.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/26873-hide-your-address-google-local-new-warning-service-area-businesses.html">Hide your Address on Google Local - New Warning for Service Area Businesses</a>

I'm helping a business right now on the G forum that got deleted for not hiding.
It still happens.

But mappers are still deleting listings Phil.

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/26873-hide-your-address-google-local-new-warning-service-area-businesses.html">Hide your Address on Google Local - New Warning for Service Area Businesses</a>

I'm helping a business right now on the G forum that got deleted for not hiding.
It still happens.

True, true, but it seems very rare.

Agree with Phil, but just like to add "If you are offering a service and travel to your destination and you do not have any front store you might loose ranking" But again when i check my keyword with the area i can see alot of businesses ranking higher with mentioning their business address in full. I also noticed something else, those who do not mention their complete address get an visible radius around their point on the map! but i am not sure of that!

Again i am open to others idea!

Setting a service area does not hurt ranking at all!

Here is an example - there are tons more.

Plumber San Marcos Ca
A, B, C, D are all hidden. E, F, G have addresses showing.

So the hidden addresses are on top. The visible rank at bottom of the pack.

Linda, that's true, but it's conceivable that hiding the address means fewer people click through. And that can hurt rankings.

Although I agree that it's probably good SOP to hide the address, I'd argue that it's not always a no-brainer.

Please Do the same for Plumber Los Angeles, and you will see what i mean.

attachment.png
Location with physical address visible
attachment.png
Hidden Address!

---------- Post Merged at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Fewer CTR? Why you think so? when you are in the pack you get CTR! I guess you should be worried about getting them to take the action!

Google Map 1.png

Google Map 2.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom