More threads by WineCountryCarpetCleaning

Reaction score
I had a quick question, I realized the other day that I always did this and wondered if it had any ranking effect. I sign everything I right (email, comment, forum post, guest post, pretty much everything) with my NAP citation. I started doing it out of habit from emails but realize it has carried over to all of my online writing within my industry.

Do you think this would help or hurt rankings?
an example

Alex
My Business Name
(555) 555-5555
123 some street
sometown, CA 5555

Thought provoking, if I had to guess what was stopping that site from ranking though it would more than likely be the horrible description they had written. Most of what I am talking about wouldn't be considered spam, they are legitimate online conversations in one way or another. Also my industry has some pretty powerful industry blogs and it just seems like any communication there should include a NAP?

I will make myself stop doing it just in case though.

The only thing I would say here is if you are adding true value (not just spam commenting) I don't see why it would hurt you. As far as I know posting in your email doesn't help rankings but in comments or forums I would just be careful but doing it as part of your signature I think looks somewhat natural (not like the link that was shared above - that is spamming!)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom