More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
The Google Get your Business Online program came out with a nice simple handy guide for setting up a listing.

I know most here are consultants that already know this stuff. But if you have a church or friend or whatever that just wants to set up a listing on their own, this guide is short sweet and well done.

Step-by-step guide to putting your business on Google Search and Maps

Sorry was just notified Google removed that doc so that link is dead. I found a copy of it here:
http://rvtechsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Get-on-Google-Search-and-Maps2.pdf

Here in Chicago they're holding local events to teach business owners how to do this. I wonder what they big push it all about?!

Hi Joe, yes they are doing those nationwide.

Here is more info about it and will give you insight into why:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local/29738-googles-massive-effort-help-30-000-cities-put-local-businesses-map.html">▶ Google's Massive Effort to Help 30,000 Cities Put Local Businesses On the Map</a>

Nice link. Thanks Linda :) Hope you're doing well. And, is it just me or is there something crazily ironic about Google pushing their product in 30,000 cities when only 3 business will get a chance to show up in the pack? :p

Last edited:
Nice link. Thanks Linda :) Hope you're doing well. And, is it just me or is there something crazily ironic about Google pushing their product in 30,000 cities when only 3 business will get a chance to show up in the pack? :p

Haha Miriam,

What's even more ironic is getting all these businesses to claim their listing when no consumer on earth will ever be able to even find much less see their G+ L page, since there are no links to it anymore.

BUT investing all the people and other resources into the GYBO program makes perfect sense if the end goal is pay-to-play. That's where this is all heading I feel certain.

I bet you are totally right, Linda. Looks like the wind is blowing thata-way. Nice to say hi to you!

Thanks for stopping by Miriam. Always good to see you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom