More threads by Todd McCall

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been researching relevant, real organizations in our area that allow members to link their websites from their directories.

Now, I've basically got two buckets of prospects:

• Chambers of commerce type sites with more authority (DA ~40+) but less relevance to our niche (injury law)
  • Bar associations with less authority (DA ~20) but super relevant

Assuming that they cost the same and covered the same geographic area, which links would you go after if you had to choose one or the other?

Thanks,

Todd

Re: Local Link Building Question: High Authority Chambers vs Low Authority Trade Grou

Todd,

I'd probably go with the local Chamber of Commerce. As you noted, the domains tend to be a little more authoritative, and there are more offline reasons to join a Chamber.

But it's close. It depends on how high-profile the bar or industry association is. If it's a rinky-dink little site nobody goes to or has heard of, yeah, Chamber all the way. But I'd suggest trying to get a link from an industry-specific site in addition to one from a Chamber-type site. There needs to be a little diversity.

Re: Local Link Building Question: High Authority Chambers vs Low Authority Trade Grou

Hey Todd,

I agree with Phil. Chamber would be my 1st choice too.

Thanks Phil & Linda,

We're already with the main local chambers, which is why it's a bit of a toss up. These are more localized chambers of commerce within the metro area. But that point about looking out for ones that are rinky-dink organizations helps put the choice in perspective for some of these bars.

If the domain authority was even, I would definitely choose the niche. But with them being uneven, that's a tough call.

I agree with Phil, if the niche sites are unmanaged, I would probably forfeit anything more than a marginal effort to work with them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom