More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
As many of you know, I've been trying to drag myself, kicking and screaming over to new Google maps. But it's super hard teaching an old dog new tricks. :p

Kinda glad now that I stuck with Classic for so long, because New Maps just got an update and sounds like the nav has changed quite a bit.

Alex Chitu at Google Operating System has the scoop...

<a href="http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2015/05/new-menu-for-desktop-google-maps.html">New Menu for Desktop Google Maps</a>

If you like Google Maps' mobile apps for Android and iOS, there's a good news: the desktop site now has a similar interface. The search box has a small icon for directions and another icon for the navigation menu, which lets you enable layers for satellite imagery, traffic, transit, bicycling, terrain, use My Maps, share maps, print maps and more.

The new hamburger-style menu adds features that were previously scattered in at least 4 other places: 2 menus at the bottom of the page, a satellite thumbnail and the search box.

Above is just a snippet, so head over to read the rest.

What do you guys think? Do you like the new layout better than before???

Been Using New Maps For A While Now. You Get Use To It. The New UI you speak of and the "Hamburger Menu" Not showing up in Canada Yet. Probably a liitle while out, as usual!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom