More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
ToolsWMV6fps8Q.gif

Noor from Synup emailed me yesterday about a new tool they developed.

I have not tried it or anything, but wanted to share in case it comes in handy.

The main uses I can see off the top of my head are competitive research, especially on bigger sites, or audits for a new client's site.

Essentially it's a BULK schema checker and can crawl up to 300 pages of a site looking for schema.

<a href="http://synup.com/tools/schema/">Schema Scanner From Synup</a>

Welcome to the Synup Schema Checker tool! Using this tool you can quickly run any website to find out whether you have relevant schema marked up content and can also get a list of pages that do not have schema installed.

Over at Inbound Patrick Coombe asked:

"How is this better / different than Google's tool?"

Ashwin Ramesh the Co-Founder of Synup replied:

"Like Victor says below, it's a tool that can process multiple pages at a go. You just need to type in any website and it'll automatically crawl up to 300 pages and tell you whether you have schema implemented and if it's done properly. Saves a lot of time which you'd have to spend assessing individual pages for schema status."

What do you think? How would YOU use it?

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

ToolsWMV6fps8Q.gif

Competitive research and audits make the most sense to me. Thx for sharing article - will test it out :)

Thanks for stopping by Ashwin and thank Noor for sharing it with me.

I've played with it for a couple of minutes and it looks like it needs some fine tuning. Not picking up markup on location pages and stops after the first detection of schema.
So most come back as website markups with no mention of what is sitting in the footer or elsewhere on the page.

The nice thing about the Google is that is validates all instances of schema on a page.

It's fast though and I can see the potential in it for sure!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom