More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Lance Moore asked a great question at the Local Search Pros Community yesterday. Wanted to share the discussion we have going here too.

Lance said:

I have a client where Moz Local was great for them UNTIL they moved. Now I have duplicate listings on Infogroup, Acxiom, Localeze, Superpages, Hotfrog, etc. it's a mess.

I "updated" their profile on Moz, but it appears there are now duplicates. Is it a matter of time they will go away? Do I need to cancel my Moz and pay for Infogroup and Localeze? Help!

Some great replies followed from Mike Blumenthal & Jacob Maslow so far.

Head over to check it out.

Have you had this happen? Anything to add?
Share your thoughts here, there or everywhere. ;)

If you are using Moz.com/local, make sure to update your facebook /google + page as soon as possible (Moz pulls the data from one of those when you initially set up). Also add in alternate NAP info to the duplicate section. That tells Moz what may be considered a duplicate. You then need to squash the dupes from the aggregators (simply hit the removal option in the dupes section).

Lance Moore asked a great question at the Local Search Pros Community yesterday. Wanted to share the discussion we have going here too.

Lance said:

Some great replies followed from Mike Blumenthal & Jacob Maslow so far.

Head over to check it out.

Have you had this happen? Anything to add?
Share your thoughts here, there or everywhere. ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom