More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
I have a dentist adding a second location.

In creating a new google business page, should he use his login for the first one and just create a new page?

I realize we'll have a unique URL, which I've already created, but didn't know for sure if we should create a whole new page, with a different (new login).

And, because it's the same website, and business name, should it be...

business name: Manhattan

...for the business name in google listing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dentist adding a second location.

In creating a new google business page, should he use his login for the first one and just create a new page?

Yes that's the standard thing to do when someone adds a new location.

I realize we'll have a unique URL, which I've already created, but didn't know for sure if we should create a whole new page, with a different (new login).

What do you mean by unique URL which you've already created? Are you talking new page/URL on his website? (Just want to be sure you are not talking about G+ L since the topic is about creating a new G+ L page.)

And, because it's the same website, and business name, should it be...

business name: Manhattan

...for the business name in google listing?

That's a violation. You can't add city or keywords or tagline or anything extra to the name. Business name must only be business name.

See the name section of the guidelines for many other exclusions, but here is the part about adding location to name.

"Location information, such as neighborhood, city, or street name, unless it is part of the real-world representation of the business. Your name must not include street address or direction information.
Not acceptable: "Starbucks Downtown", "Macy’s Union Square", "Holiday Inn (I-93 at Exit 2)", "U.S. Bank ATM - 7th & Pike - Parking Garage Lobby near Elevator"
Acceptable: "Starbucks", "Macy’s", "Holiday Inn Salem", "U.S. Bank ATM", "University of California Berkeley""

And also under chains and brands see this:

"All business locations within the same country must have the same name for all locations. For example, all Home Depot locations should use the name "The Home Depot" rather than "Home Depot" or "The Home Depot at Springfield".

Many Dentists have 2 - 20 or more offices, all with the same website. So that's not a problem.

But if you wanted to add city to the name because you are worried about potential pts keeping the locations straight. It's not needed. If a pt is in city 2 and searches for Dentist City 2 - they will only see the listing in city 2 typically. And even if they searched in a way that pulled up both listings, they could see the city right on the listing.

Mike, be sure to read the post above which has more specifics, but I wanted to give you a couple tips about the guidelines.

The latest version of the updated guidelines came out December 14. Here is my post about it:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/25555-major-update-new-guidelines-google-my-business-google-places.html">Major Update: New Guidelines for Google My Business (Google Places)</a>

The benefit to the updated guidelines is they spell everything out in 20 times more detail than they ever did before. Every section has a drop down with additional information that needs to be read.

To stay on top of guideline changes and other Google changes. All you need to do is subscribe to our Google Local IMPORTANT forum, which is where the post above about the guideline changes was posted.

Then you'll get an e-mail alerting you, every time anything important changes.

Here's how to subscribe to that forum:
<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/forum-news-questions-suggestions/17495-stay-informed-how-subscribe-search-forum.html">STAY INFORMED - How to Subscribe & Search the Forum</a>

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom