Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Domain Name Mishap

Got a quick question about domain names; if I used sampleDomains.com and then found out that sampledomain.com (singular instead of the plural domains) already exists but in a different state, city, etc. how do you think this will at out with google?

Ps - I'm using the above domain as an example.

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Domain Name Mishap

We've never had an issue with this. I've seen 3 dentists rank page 1 with different variations of streetnamecitydentist.com/ca/etc. before.

My recommendation is to go crazy on citations though, so Google knows it's a legit business that it can trust
    Hurricane K8
    Leavens Auto Group (London, Orillia, Chatham - Ontario,Canada)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Domain Name Mishap

I agree with the above post in that there shouldn't be too much confusion but you will need to establish trust. I would recommend using this article: Why Your Local Business Schema Sucks and How To Make it Better | Whitespark to load up as much schema that you can to differentiate as well and maybe reinforcing with JSON (The JSON-LD Markup Guide To Local Business Schema | Whitespark) if you find down the road you aren't getting great results.
    Free Local Checklist
    51Blocks - "White Label" Google Places & Website Development/Hosting - Will Pay Good $$ for Wordpress website hosting referrals
    Wordpress Site Speed Problems? Site speed optimization is part of our hosting - 90's on Google PageSpeed Insights