Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

5 Ways To Assess the Need For Hyperlocal Marketing.

Don't be afraid to actually get out in the community and learn, listen, and educate. I'm a huge fan of actually getting to know your customers. Remember that old Social Media site called "MyFace"? You would actually talk with people in person. Get out there. Say Hello and listen to what SMB's have to say. Its amazing how far you can go by listening. Stephanie Miles is a senior editor at Street Fight and offers some great ideas in this post.

How to Assess Demand for a Hyperlocal Platform

The greatest idea in the world still won’t lead to profitability for a hyperlocal startup without a community of willing buyers, users, or subscribers. Nearly all successful founders in the local space have had to assess demand for the platforms they created, both before and after launching their businesses.
    Would love to hear some more suggestions from the forum!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: 5 Ways To Assess the Need For Hyperlocal Marketing.

Paul Graham (when he was at Y Combinator) wrote a great blog post about doing things that don't scale. That applies here - hit the pavement, talk to LOTS of potential customers (especially in hyperlocal, it's too easy to get bad "signals" talking to just a few people, and don't talk with friends/family! They will tell you what you want to hear, because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

The other key is to test and iterate - you will never nail the perfect solution on the first shot. Put something out there, be prepared to measure the response, and make the appropriate changes/improvements. It takes time and patience, and LOTS of persistence.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Awesome post to share bizyscott. I have referred to it many times the past few years. I have also shared it with employees repeatedly. Great advice!

I wish I would have read that post before investing time, energy, and hope waiting for "big partners" to take our company to the next level.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that Post. That's a keeper.