More threads by Dennis Cline

Reaction score
Ranking for "in" vs "near" <location> vs "near me"

Hi all. I've been reading the feed for awhile, but this is my first post.

A dental client ranks in the 7 pack for "dentist near city, state<city, state="">" but gets knocked back to an organic listing on page 3 for "dentist in city, state<city, state="">" and doesn't even show up in the first 10 pages for "dentist near me" despite using the same city, state <city, state=""> under Google's search tools in each instance.

Any idea why this would occur, and any tips for addressing the disparity? Thanks in advance for your input!</city,></city,></city,>

Re: Ranking for "in" vs "near" <location> vs "near me"

Hi Dennis and thanks for posting. I think you'll get more out of the forum when you're an active member. :)

My carpal is killing and this is a tough question I don't have a great answer for. So I'll leave this one to the other pros. Just wanted to say hi and acknowledge your question.

The first thing I would do is see if there is a location correlation in the search you are not showing for. For instance, if all the ranking businesses are within a couple mile radius, that could be your answer. Take a look at this post for more information on location being a ranking factor:

http://www.localsearchforum.com/loc...-if-proximity-ranking-factor-any-keyword.html

Hi Dennis. There a number of reasons this could be happening, but its hard for people to help if they don't have some details. If you feel comfortable, can you share some more info. Its difficult for people to help when there are so little details. If you don't want to publicly post you can PM me. I will try and take a quick look.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom