More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
I was doing some research for a blog post yesterday when I started to notice that many of the branded searches were showing only 7 results, when the typical non-branded search shows 10.

Has anyone else noticed that? Is that normal? I always thought there were 10 results displayed organically, so that find got me wondering if others have noticed. Any brands in the news got a special news box in the middle, but if press on the brand is relatively quiet then I was seeing 7 listings in the SERPs.

I don't know if this is news or not, but it was an observation that I thought needed to be asked.

Thanks Eric. I had not noticed but then again have not been able to research & check SERPs like usual (like a mad woman) lately.

I'll Tweet this out though and see if anyone else has noticed or if it's new.

Thanks for sharing!

This was weird to me... either I don't do enough branded searches or Google tweaked something. Have others noticed this before? Am I late to the game on this one, or is this something new?

I was definitely seeing fewer results for brand searches, so that was a little odd to me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom