More threads by Dustybones

Thanks so much for sharing Justin!

And thanks for sharing at the Pro community Michael!

Please feel free to add more info or tell us about it. I'm sure members would like to know more.

It's basically JSON made very, very easy. Our team came across issues with trying to get the format right when first implementing JSON for basic NAP info so we figured we would make a tool to make this stuff easy. Just enter the business info into the forms and it will spit the correct code out for you. I'm happy to answer any questions about it!

I'm happy to say that I just used this for a couple of websites and it works like a charm. Thank you! :)

The only problem I had was with one of the sites I used a rather long description and couldn't see the bottom of the script - and there is no scroll bar to help if that happens.

I assume the finished script goes in the <head> </head> section?

Added: Yes it does. Just double checked. :)

Great, glad its working for you. Wordpress plugin coming out either tomorrow or the next day, just testing now.

Is there a Wordpress plugin with JSON that is recommended to use for Schema? I have a free version WP plugin I've been using that seems to work fine. It's all verified with the Developers tool...not sure if one is better than the other? But the one I'm using doesn't use JSON markup I believe??

Is there a Wordpress plugin with JSON that is recommended to use for Schema? I have a free version WP plugin I've been using that seems to work fine. It's all verified with the Developers tool...not sure if one is better than the other? But the one I'm using doesn't use JSON markup I believe??

To be honest, I don't know that it needs to be JSON to do the job.

I have used different WordPress plugins for this purpose on various sites - not sure there is a real advantage of one or the other - the latest are:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/51blocks-json-schema/ but note that WordPress plugin this has not been updated for 7 months and is not certified for the latest WordPress version.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/business-profile/

More here: https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+schema+plugins

Wow. I wouldn't pay that much.

In a pinch you can add the necessary code for free yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I majored in programming back when I thought I wanted to do something else with my life, so admittedly I have no idea what non-coders think of when they look at schema instructions... but... 'in a pinch' sounds a little extreme to me. This tool looks awesome for time savings, but am I the only one that thought that JSON-LD was super approachable, and even way less of a pain in the butt than micro data? The only thing that tripped me up was the brackets for multiple groups of store hours, and even that was pretty quickly answered wherever it was I was looking... either way, $165 for a shortcut instead of doing 20 minutes of work figuring out JSON semantics for the first time sounds intense.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom