Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Domain Authority and Page Authority

For those who look at these metrics on Moz, what do you normally see, on average, as the difference between domain authority (DA) and the page authority (PA) for your top level pages, main navigation pages?

I have not come across a site that has a PA that is relatively close to the DA (when looking at higher authority sites, 30+ DA). I'm trying to gauge domain and authority flow throughout websites but haven't seen a good example. I have not looked at 100 sites but I've been trying to better understand and analyze how others have successfully achieved passing authority to second and third level pages.

I have written a few well received and quality articles where after they have ranked well, I've gone back and added a few links to important pages of the site and have not noted the boost I was expecting to see. As always, I'm looking to hone in more on my skills.

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Domain Authority and Page Authority

Others may have more insight, but I think it's pretty rare if not, impossible to find an internal page with higher authority than the domain. Even when an internal page ranks in the SERPs, the domain will always have higher trust and authority by the SE's, since that is the root of the information.

In this case, I think using Google Analytics is a much better/more accurate measurement of how your internal pages are performing rather looking solely at page authority.
    Christa Morgante

Local SEO Analyst at Local SEO Guide

Connect with me on G+

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I wasn't more clear. Im with you, I don't think you'll ever see an internal page have higher authority. I was looking for good examples where the DA and the PA are close or closer, indicating a website that has successfully passed authority to internal pages.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries! Unfortunately, I have no examples or stats on that.
    Christa Morgante

Local SEO Analyst at Local SEO Guide

Connect with me on G+

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the pages of your site and the links that are pointed to them.
    Most people get way more links to their home page, so it usually has the highest PA/DA/PR...etc.

If you have an awesome back page (like a tool that gets a lot of use) with many people pointing to it, that back page can have a higher authority than the whole domain.

See this for example: http://www.5minutesite.com/local_keywords.php (PA 46 - DA 35)

It's a great tool by the way ;-)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Links tend to go more to the home page especially for a local business.

This forum has lots of great posts and plenty of fresh content. It is quoted by Barry Schwartz and others. These big guys link to specific articles.

Nevertheless, it is a DA46 with a PA on the home page of 55.

Wikipedia is a DA of 100 and PA of 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Laustin1878 View Post
    For those who look at these metrics on Moz, what do you normally see, on average, as the difference between domain authority (DA) and the page authority (PA) for your top level pages, main navigation pages?

I have not come across a site that has a PA that is relatively close to the DA (when looking at higher authority sites, 30+ DA). I'm trying to gauge domain and authority flow throughout websites but haven't seen a good example. I have not looked at 100 sites but I've been trying to better understand and analyze how others have successfully achieved passing authority to second and third level pages.

I have written a few well received and quality articles where after they have ranked well, I've gone back and added a few links to important pages of the site and have not noted the boost I was expecting to see. As always, I'm looking to hone in more on my skills.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it is uncommon, there are still many websites that have internal pages with higher PA than their DA.

PA and DA are not equal measurements, just to be clear. If you have a PA of 38 and and a DA of 37, that does not mean your page has a higher authority than your domain. They are two separate measurements on two separate scales.
    Tutelary Marketing, Owner
    Local Listing Ninja - Business Listing Service
    Local Listing Ninja Reviews - Check Out Our 100+ 5 Star Reviews!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PA can often be misinterpreted as if your DA is high, naturally the authority will be passed onto your inner pages if set up correctly.

I would worry about your rankings, not DA any whom.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA affects your ability to rank. You can say that I wouldn't worry about citations or I wouldn't worry about meta data or ....

Putting work you put into DA, meta titles, citations, content etc will affect your rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by foodnearme View Post
    PA can often be misinterpreted as if your DA is high, naturally the authority will be passed onto your inner pages if set up correctly.

I would worry about your rankings, not DA any whom.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JacobMaslow View Post
    DA affects your ability to rank. You can say that I wouldn't worry about citations or I wouldn't worry about meta data or ....

Putting work you put into DA, meta titles, citations, content etc will affect your rankings.
    Domain Authority is not cited as Google so it doesn't affect any ability to rank, although can be measured to determine the authority of your competition.