More threads by mborgelt

mborgelt

Reaction score
With all the chatter and debate here about citation services, wouldn't it be great to have one place where you could compare all of your options? The folks over at SEO Checklist have created just that here:

<a href="http://localseochecklist.org/citation-submission-services/"/>Citation Submission Services Compared</a>

Citation building requires the right tool to keep your online profile up to date. Vote for your favorite one from the top 20 citation services and help others to find the right one for them!

Take a look and see what you think.

Based on your experience how accurate do you think this comparison is? I for one would like to see a comparison of what happens if you end service as that seems to be a common deciding factor.

This is a good start. I'd like to see several things:

(1) An actual "review" of each of these services. It currently just has a link to each vendors website and a vote button

(2) We all get to vote - fair enough - but no ability to put any commentary, which kind of washes out the impact of a vote? Also, it does prevent you from voting twice for the same vendor (which is easy to work around BTW), but you can vote for every vendor if you want. There's also no way to "unvote" - I selected one by mistake and can't take it back.

(3) Related to #1, there should be standard "metrics" that they all get measured by. Your example of what happens when you stop using them is a great one. Others include:

- Price (they do have it, but it's all over the board. Let's make some standard aspects of pricing)

- Coverage of the "big 4" - do they handle Acxiom, Localeze, Infogroup, Factual

- Coverage of verticals - do they handle "your" vertical directory sites?

Just to mention a few....

-sb

I hadn't seen that one, Colan, it's really helpful. Thanks for sharing it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom