More threads by Sunnie Dog

Reaction score
Hello my name is Marc and my girlfriend just opened up a photo booth business. We currently live in Fort Myers, Florida and we need to have a Google Places page for here but the problem is we will be moving in May 14' to Colorado and will be setting up a 2nd "branch" there while handing the reigns of this business off the her best friend once it is up and running.

We will be using the same url and website to capture leads in both markets but I'm confused as how to rank in the local results in both markets with Google Places. Would I set up a Fort myers + company name page and a Durango + company name page for the other.

I have 5 years SEO experience for national SEO for my e-commerce site but I'm just beginning to dip my toes into the local seo scene Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't personally done it yet but am looking into it if i get a storefront in another part of our metro area. here's what i noticed.

google ruby tuesday.

big national chain with one website going to hundreds of restaurants

what they seem to do is point citations in each city at the main site, google places / + does the rest

page rank and trust factor also reflect a LOT of links coming in with a PR6 and trust rank of 4.7

i'm sure there are folks here who have exact answers but tearing apart the site and links of a business like ruby tuesday could be a model to copy off of

I'm in midst of fatal PC crash and madly trying to recover files to set up new PC when it gets here. This old laptop keeps crashing so I'm in crisis mode for a couple days til I get everything up and running again. So may not be here helping as much or as fast as usual...

But the quick short answer to the main Q is NO can't add city to business name. That's a major guideline violation and the #1 reason listings get suspended.

Name needs to be business name only for every location. Google and customers can tell them apart by the address for the listing. The Fort M location is only going to show up for FortM keywords and Colo will only show for KW searches in whatever city that location will be in.

Here are the guidelines: Google Places quality guidelines - Places for business Help Realize they are subtle and there are a TON of unwritten rules to be careful about. It's also EXTREMELY complicated and VERY buggy. Holler if you get stuck and we'll try to help.

@racebum - thank you so much for your response I used opensiteexplorer to dig into their link profile and it was interesting how they went about it.

@Linda Buquet - To make sure I'm understanding you. I build one Google Places Page and included both address on the page and simply let Google sort out the rest.

Thank you both for your time. The helpfulness on people in forums continues to always amaze me.

Marc

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:27 AM ----------

@racebum - thank you so much for your response I used opensiteexplorer to dig into their link profile and it was interesting how they went about it.

@Linda Buquet - To make sure I'm understanding you. I build one Google Places Page and included both address on the page and simply let Google sort out the rest.

Thank you both for your time. The helpfulness on people in forums continues to always amaze me.

Marc

That's not what Linda is saying. You need a separate Google+ Local listing for each location, and do not put the name of the city in either of the business names.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom