More threads by WineCountryCarpetCleaning

Reaction score
I was just talking with a friend about this, and realized it something I have never pursued Is there a way to ad a clickable phone number link to the description of an organic listing I don't think I have ever come across something like this, and with the increase in mobile devices it seems like it would be profitable.

I know the normal method is to ad something like this
Code:
[COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]<[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]a[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT=Consolas]href[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]=[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Consolas]"tel:18005555555"[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]>[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas]Call us at 1-800-555-5555[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]</[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]a[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#006699][FONT=Consolas][B]>[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Consolas][/FONT][/COLOR]

I just think I would be afraid to try and ad html to meta seems like it would surely be rejected.

Most new smartphones and many tablets already recognize a phone number and makes them an easy click to call.

I only own IOS devices, and for whatever reason they don't seem to make the phone number clickable in the meta data of the site. Definitely places listings have clickable phone numbers but not the organic descriptions.

If you have a blended local listing - like in the A, B, C spot Google no longer shows the meta description at all. You'll only get that if you have a plain organic listing. Plus I'm always tied to PC so never use phone. Not sure phone is clickable in description in the SERPs.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom