More threads by Doug Cooper

Reaction score
First, I would like to apologize if this has already been covered. I've been searching but I still can't find an answer.

I have a client who is ranking in the top 3 in the 7-pack for several keywords for many of their locations. However, when it comes to Google Maps... they are nowhere to be found. Does the 7-pack and Maps have separate algorithms? What impacts one and not the other? I need to explain this to our local clients.

Hi Doug,

For that particular term, where do they rank in organic?

Thanks Doug.

The pack is a blend of the organic ranking and the maps/local ranking to varying degrees and it sort of depends where in the pack they rank. It's complicated and changes all the time.

I have not done a deep evaluation for a quite some time, but in the past the top 2 or 3 were based largely on the organic ranking. So it could even be a bare unclaimed G+ L listing, but if they ranked high in organic, they'd rank high in the pack.

We often see listings that rank high in organic but not in the pack at all, due to violations on the G+ L page or dupes or a variety of other issues. But normally if they rank in the pack they will also rank in maps from what I see.

So not sure what's up without looking. If you care to share the link to the G+ L page we can take a look and see if anything is amiss. Need the exact query as well.

Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom