More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
This is a great post on how to use the open sourced tool called WebPageTest to improve performance. Thanks to Mark Isham for this Technical SEO gem.

The SEO Expert's Guide to Web Performance Using WebPageTest

Any SEO professional knows that both site performance and user experience play an important role in search engine rankings and conversion rates. And just like there are great tools to help you find your search rank, research keywords, and track links, there are also excellent tools to help you improve your site performance. In this post, we will dive into one of the best free tools you can use to measure and improve your site performance: WebPageTest.

This was a really nice blog post on webpagetest.org, and included a link to the blog post revealing the hardware setup for the site. I used this tool all the time, because it's free and gives awesome information on how to improve the site you run through it. I ran a site through when I thought it was running slow, and sure enough that tool showed the images were too large and really hurting the site. I changed the image sizes to reduce the load, and now the site runs noticeably quicker.

This is definitely a must-have in the arsenal for any SEO

That's one of those things that's way too geeky for me. Makes my eyes glaze over.
Way too technical.

BUT I know lots of the more advanced folks here can really put tools like this to good use.

So thanks for sharing Justin. Seems like a really comprehensive article!

Really good info.

Makes me think the host is the problem in one instance.
The other 2 were simply I needed to setup my caching plug-ins a bit better. Improved my TTFB at least to a grade of C vs an F the first tests.

None of my clients are on dedicated hardware. All sharing in some capacity. That does make a difference.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom