More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
If you are wondering if Google killed the Google Maps embed code option...
OR if you can't find it and wonder where they hid it...

Nick Rink found it and shared at the Local Search Pros Google+ Community.

<a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NickRink/posts/JuzkqS4fYLX">How to get Google Maps embed code now.</a>

Here's a gif Nick did that shows you where to find it.

Google%u00252BMaps%u00252Bembed.gif

Head over to read the rest of the post and the replies.

Basically the gear icon, where it used to be hiding, is now gone. Nick shows you where the feature moved. (Under the 3 light gray lines)

Great catch Nick!

Google and their overly subtle UI! I would have been beating my head against the wall trying to find it or reporting that it's gone.

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Google%u00252BMaps%u00252Bembed.gif

Oops, turns out this update happened in May. And I even covered it, but forgot about it. :eek:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-maps/31491-google-maps-gets-menu-interface-update.html">Google Maps Gets a Menu & Interface Update</a>

But still if lots of Pros on G+ didn't know about it, I'm sure some pros here didn't either.

Always good to rehash and discuss again :) Very helpful GIF, so this was definitely worth sharing again.

Thanks, Linda. It seems the rollout was gradual: just a couple weeks ago I could grab the embed code by clicking the "gear," but yesterday I had to use the menu on the left.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom