More threads by Mike Pedersen

I have not. I will ask them how it got on there and report back.

If you don't hear back from me in a week bump this.

Just a note about getting links from joining the local chamber of commerce: I have seen some cases where the local CofC uses canned software that only displays member listings and links as query responses. Those links don't persist as permanent, static pages that bots can index. If you're advising a client to join their local CofC for the sake of a solid local link, be certain that their local CofC really does create persistent indexable links. Just sayin', as my grandkids say.

Excellent advice, Tim. I agree. It's always worth checking for nofollow links and Javascript links.

Tim,

Great point. Also, check to make sure they are using schema.org markup for their listings. Also, if the directory is "private" and only searchable (e.g. no generic listing page) then the search engines can't really identify it as a directory which likely lowers it's "authority" in terms of individual directory listings.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom