More threads by Nick.SEOSpark

Reaction score
Hi All,

The description of the Google Places listing should obviously be keyword rich. However, how far should this be pushed? If you have a keyword like "plumbers (city)" (keyword/city), should you be using using that exactly in the description? Or, is it enough to seperate them. At the moment, I place the exact keyword/s within the description and try to make it sound as "user friendly" as much as I can.

What does everyone else do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Question about Google Places Optimisation

See my answer and related links in this thread.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/showthread.php?281-Location-Keywords-in-Google-Local-Listing">Location Keywords in Google Local+ Listing</a>

My rule of thumb due to past suspected penalties on the OLD Place pages, was don't repeat name, city or phone and only main keyword once. +KW in desc didn't really help ranking on OLD Place pages. BUT with new G+ pages everything is indexed so I would add maybe syn or longer tail phrases but be careful about KW repetition.

Tons more in that thread.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom