More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
I'm sure we have all noticed a large increase in hacking attempts over the past year. Google said they have seen a 180% increase in hacked websites. They are doing a Google Hangout on this subject to answer some questions.

Date and Time
Wed, Aug 26, 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Live Q&A on hacking prevention and recovery

RSVP to this live Q&A session about keeping your site safe on the web. We'll be joined by a security expert who will answer your questions about preventing and recovering from hacked sites. You can post questions ahead of time in the Q&A panel or in the comments below.

Sweet! I signed up.

Here is the post on the Google Official Webmaster Blog

#NoHacked: How to avoid being the target of hackers

If you publish anything online, one of your top priorities should be security. Getting hacked can negatively affect your online reputation and result in loss of critical and private data. Over the past year Google has noticed a 180% increase in the number of sites getting hacked. While we are working hard to combat this hacked trend, there are steps you can take to protect your content on the web.

Awesome. Thanks so much for sharing Justin. I know it's a growing problem!

Think there should be a "How to Nuke all the Hackers" Hangout.
They cause so much harm on so many levels!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom