More threads by MarkW

MarkW

Reaction score
Supposed to block artificial blue light for people like us that sit behind computers all day. Anyone ever tried these or currently use these? Any comments? Thanks

Re: Have You Ever Tried "Computer Glassses"

Hi Mark, this is the first I have heard of them. Sounds interesting.

Do you have an example?

Hi Mark,

I used them in university when I was on my laptop all day! I've since gone through a few more computers and don't have the glare issues, but they did help my migraines and double vision I was getting. I also found I was less tired when I wore them.

I got a cheap pair from China off ebay :)

I have a few buddies who swear by them. Better contrast and less eye fatigue when looking at a CPU-screen for 10+ hours a day.

I haven't tried them, but I hear good things (like some of the other comments here). I see them being promoted to gamers a lot because of the reasons listed above. I was actually thinking about getting a pair and trying them out.

I haven't tried them, but I hear good things (like some of the other comments here). I see them being promoted to gamers a lot because of the reasons listed above. I was actually thinking about getting a pair and trying them out.

Eric, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but have you gotten a pair and what's your 'view' on them thusfar?

I actually haven't tried them yet (IK IK... I'm dragging). I just turn down the brightness and contrast on the monitors :p I wear contacts and glasses (not the same as this discussion, I know), but sometimes I'll simply wear my glasses while I work and that saves my eyes a bit. The more I look into the glasses I think they could be useful, but it seems more of a novelty item for me. I'd rather spend the money on something else :D

I actually haven't tried them yet (IK IK... I'm dragging). I just turn down the brightness and contrast on the monitors :p I wear contacts and glasses (not the same as this discussion, I know), but sometimes I'll simply wear my glasses while I work and that saves my eyes a bit. The more I look into the glasses I think they could be useful, but it seems more of a novelty item for me. I'd rather spend the money on something else :D

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I do get headache from time to time, but that's probably because I've got this hd screen on a high brightness and contrast and work around 10 hours a day. Time to do something about this.

Weird, a buddy just reminded me of these again the other day. If anyone as an experience with them, would love to hear it. I'm also curious on how bad staring at a computer is for your eyes.

I discussed it with some IT friends of mine and heard that one of them is actually using it. He says it really helps him and keeps him from getting a headache. I might try one aswell, if I do, I'll let you guys know how it affected it my workday or not.

Is it just for headaches, etc. or is it for preserving your eyes?

After a recent visit to the eye doctor, one of our team members was advised that the best thing you can do when working on a screen for numerous hours a day is to stare a point 20-30 feet away for 20 seconds every 20-30 minutes. The glasses and things help but most problems are caused by focusing the eye closely so allowing the muscles to relax by staring off into the distance will likely solve a lot of you issues. YMMV

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom