More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
When you are doing citations for a business that has more than one location (say 4), do you do a separate citation for each location.

So, for example, on kudzu.com you would do 4 separate and unique listings?

And if so, what would the Business Name be?

Thank you in advance.

When you are doing citations for a business that has more than one location (say 4), do you do a separate citation for each location.

So, for example, on kudzu.com you would do 4 separate and unique listings?

Yes.

And if so, what would the Business Name be?

Mike the business name is always whatever the real business name is.

I was just wondering if you did business name: city

Also, would it be better to have the URL for each one (citation) to their specific location pages on the site,
and not to the homepage?

Yes.

Mike the business name is always whatever the real business name is.

I was just wondering if you did business name: city

Also, would it be better to have the URL for each one (citation) to their specific location pages on the site, and not to the homepage?

Mike, just simply need to think consistency with everything. (Starting with G+ as the foundation.)

In GMB it's a violation to tag on city. All citations need to match NAP in GMB dash, so cities should not be added to citations either. (Unless city is really part of the business name.)

Same goes for URLs. If G+ L is linked to city landing page, then citations should too.

I agree with Linda - consistency is key. People will be looking for the name they'd see on the front of the building, so make sure the citations will match. You wouldn't need the city in the name (business:city), because that's already found in the address. People will know which location they're looking at. Keep everything formatted the same, and like it is in the physical world; If you do that, you'll be fine.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom