More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
SERPWoo has been hitting it out of the park with great blog posts lately.

Here is another one I wanted to share with the Pros here.

<a href="https://www.serpwoo.com/blog/experts/increasing-your-domains-trust/">35 Sites Which Increase Your Domain's Trust | SERPWoo</a>

While climbing the rankings on Google and the other major search engines, getting higher quality, trusted backlinks is really now the only way to go. The days of sending thousands of spammy, low quality backlinks is over - for pure whitehat methods at least.

Google stopped updating the public Toolbar PageRank, so that metric is out the window. Now SEOs are relying on new metrics in search engines which hover around trust and authority.

Thanks Maher - great information.

Since I don't really do link or authority building, there are a couple sites on the list I was unaware of. Yet others, were a good reminder of sites you should get clients listed on, knew about but didn't think of.

Remember in Local non-competitive markets, all it takes is a few more links than the other guys to jump up in organic and organic is the place to put some extra focus, now that the 3 pack Local Stack is here.

The bottom part, explaining how the link juice flows to build domain authority was interesting to me.
Maher suggests not pointing all links to the home page.

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Good stuff, a couple of these (DevArt, Soundcloud) I never even thought to utilize.

Thanks Linda for sharing this! And thank you for your wonderful compliments. One thing we are looking to do is always provide content with real "meat" on them and that helps create brand awareness and brand trust overall. I would like to think these guest-posts are a great example of what people should be doing for their own local clients, cause we're targeting a huge niche, SEO. Doing something at this level with meat on the content for a local guy, they'll pretty much dominate the scene just off of content alone.

Regarding the link-juice not going to the homepage, I completely agree, that's how ALL linking should be. You want the link-juice to flow upwards to your homepage internally as well. So like I do, whenever I post an article, drop a comment, or whatever I link internally to my website properties to a page that's more relevant for the conversation. That will help keep the user's mind relevant when they jump to your site, but also show that you aren't simply spamming the whole internet with your main domain, and trying to boost the whole site.

A friend of mine, Rob Adler once taught me the "step ladder" to ranking in an algo technique. It consists of getting small wins first (long long long tails), and those incremental wins in SEO help you boost up your ability to rank for the bigger term keywords. It's a double whammy cause those smaller wins usually will have a higher conversion rate then their bigger counterpart, yet there are few of them as the trade off. This is where companies in a competitive market can overtake a big brand, and essentially surround the areas the big brand is completely blindsided to. All this is dependent on getting those inner pages ranked and link-juice from authority sites is one of the fastest ways to it.

Also one thing that I should mention, it's not enough just to have these social profiles, you would be doing yourself a dis-service, since you can build additional pages on most of these platforms, siphoning more of their link-juice to more inner pages. So for example on tumblr, you need to follow people and get more followers to get into the internal link juice, that's great, but now you need to post to different content pieces on your main site with post on tumblr, to spread out as much link-juice as possible from these authority sites, cause they've got ALOT of it, and just getting one-link is a real dis-service and you are pretty much under utilizing it's true power.

Asides from building authority, I think adding a profile to these sites and in Australia, various others, should be a matter of fact. Not for the authority but for brand protection. Admittedly, I personally neglected SoundCloud and Instagram for my own business and then when I did eventually get around to trying to register them, another business using my name (i was using it first) had registered accounts on those sites.

Personally, I don't use moz domain authority as a metric. You can build authority by building spam links.

Thanks for sharing, Lynda! We get a few clients a month that are in infancy (if not, still in the womb) of establishing online presence. This is a quick, safe and effective way to build up trust.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom