More threads by Larry

Larry

Reaction score
I have a client who operates a home inspection business. His Google + Listing has the check beside "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" It has a 50km radius set. He has 2 reviews.

When I google for "home inspector" he does not show in the 3 pack, you have to click the more icon and he is in the sixth position.

The problem I am having, is that the top listings all are showing an address.
Why are home inspection companies showing an address? I thought that it was necessary to hide the address?

Should he have an address showing?

Here is a link to his Google + Business Page
https://plus.google.com/+Discoveryhomeinspectiondurham

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Larry,

I'm unable to research and check that listing and pack but I can tell you some things in general terms.

If by chance some of those other listings are for larger inspectors that have a walk in office staffed to talk to customers when the inspectors are out doing their work… then they can show their address. But if for example it's a single operator working out of his home he can't show address because if someone drove across town to get a quote, no one would be there because he's out with customers.

But if all of those other businesses are showing their address and are in violation…
The hide your address rule is a funny one. Most businesses are not even aware they need to hide their address. The ones that blatantly violate guidelines… It's kinda like speeding. Many people speed and many get away with it, but if you're the one to gets busted it's not fun and can be costly.

So I would definitely play by the rules and hide address.

Big FYI! Hiding address does not affect ranking at all. Proof in point, Google "plumber San Marcos Ca" (Must put Ca or you'll get Texas.)

Check those listings. The three in the 3 pack all have address hidden. When you click "More" even #4 has address hidden. But when you get past five a few of them have address showing. So the ones with addresses are definitely not on top.

Hope this helps!

(Dragon typed this - scuse any typos) :eek:

Increase website organic rankings, continue to add content to G+ page, reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom