More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
Great experiment done by Cesarino over at fullPlan. Some interesting findings in this....

Yes, The Click-Through Rate Is A Ranking Signal, But…

Last year, I had to do an extensive online reputation management job for a client. While I was able to outrank most of the other websites already in search engine results pages (SERPs), one specific issue presented a higher difficulty: Two top spots were occupied by some very old (c. 2005–2006) articles.

My task was to override those results, growing the digital properties owned by my client. Unfortunately, even after employing a link-building strategy on the digital properties, I was unable to reach my goal.

Above is just a snippet, so head over to read the rest.

What do you think???

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Last edited:
It is a factor but just one of many. If it wasn't so easy to manipulate I think it would be hold more weight than it does.

We've done tests on this and haven't seen strong evidence. Wherever there was evidence, it seems like it goes back to previous rankings after a few weeks. I think it's like news articles-- It could be the hottest thing at the top of the search results for a day, but then it gets old and newer articles replace it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom