More threads by web50local

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm on a pinch I really really need your suggestions. I have two websites sharing the same business name but with different URLs and addresses. I need a strategy that works for fixing NAPs, considering that both sites are ranking well under the same name. So merging is not a viable option for us.

I'm thinking of adding a reciprocal links to both websites (preferably in the Contact page) and a text explaining that the websites are associated with each other (in fact, same people are managing the operations of both sites). I won't be adding any NAP info, just a normal links using the domain name as the anchor.

Do you think I can proceed on doing local directory submission separately for both site's NAPs without any problems with NAP inconsistencies particularly duplicate name issues? Will Google understand?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Your NAP needs to be consistent for both site even if they have the same business name but different address, this is what would do.

1) Create separate local GMB accounts (using same name but different address and make sure you link the correct URL to each GMB account.)

2) I would then add both locations to moz local, this will fix an update most of you citations. Then you can set up a free Bright Local account and fix all the other (add both site as client) all the duplicate, missing, incorrect listing.

3) If you don't have time fix the citations I would check out Odesk for extra support. You can find som contractors for an affordable price.

4) I would add Schema tags for both locations.

Hi,

I really appreciate your advice :) I've just created the GMB page for both websites. Is Moz Local is a paid service?

Can I use Whitespark as an alternative for Bright Local? Which of them do you think is better?

Thanks

Hi,

Is it best practice to link Google AND citations sites to the location or directions page on a website for a single location business? (Assuming the location page is enhanced with schema, directions, etc.) Or do I only need to worry about Google?

Thanks for your advice!
Sarah

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom