More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi - I just changed the Google places page address info for one of my companies to a SAB and afterward I noticed that it shows with a star, which I speculate indicates review stars, in Google Maps at: https://www.google.com/maps/search/a+servant's+heart+in+home+care/@33.1172651,-117.1665709,13z

If this is old news, someone just tell me. Thanks!

Here's what it looks like:

map marker with review star.jpg

map marker with review star.jpg

Hey Tim,

I 'think' I know what's up but not positive.

A) When I look at that listing there is no star for me, just a regular dot.

B) But near there I saw a star on the map, so I went to check and it was my Chiropractor. Checked their listing and I had saved it so there was a star.

So then I Googled their name and went to maps and it was similar to yours. But because address was not hidden, it was a tear drop with star at bottom, instead of a circle (for hidden address) with a star in the middle.

So check your listing and see if you saved it and there's a star on it. If so, I think that's what's up.

...So check your listing and see if you saved it and there's a star on it. If so, I think that's what's up.

Yep, that's what it was. Thanks.

(Rats, I thought I had discovered something new....) :)

(Rats, I thought I had discovered something new....) :)

You know Tim, I had mixed feelings. On one hand I was like: YAY something new!
On the other I was like: Oh no not one more new thing!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom