More threads by Greg

Greg

Reaction score
Hello,

I have successfully completed several Google Places listings for my clients.
They have all had a website.

I was contacted by a Chiropractor who had just started his business. So he doesn't have the available cash to build a website at the moment. So we built his Google Places page in the meantime to hopefully attract some new business.

However, it has been difficult to get his listing into the top 7. Also, there are listings that have less information and only one photo (he has 10) that are ahead of his.

- Is it possible to get such a listing into Top 7?
- Are there some things that can be done quickly to accelerate his ranking?
- Will it help to create a Google+ listing for the client?

The Google Places page is https://plus.google.com/105427338753769073068/

Your help is appreciated...
Regards

Greg

Can it rank??? The answer is always - depends on competition.

But in general a big part of the BLENDED algo which is the algo that normally shows for core keywords is largely based on on-site SEO factors. So it will be really hard. BUT I have seen Place pages rank in blended that don't have a site.

BUT since he's new he likely does not have any citations either, so that's another set back.

IMPORTANT thing I noticed on this listing. You MAY want to consider changing the name.

He's listed as Dr Steven Smilkstein which is informal name formatting. BUT most chiros are listed in directectories etc with the more professional format of Steven Smilkstein DC. In fact many chiro and health directories are going to use the DC version of the name probably as that's likely what's on his license and then that will cause G to create dupes that will hurt you and eat your time to have to deal with later.

You also need to see if he usually uses initial normally or if his initial is in his practice license. Because I see initial in his actual logo. If you use the wrong name on the Place page and he's using a different format or with initial in the yellow pages, it's going to create a fractured Internet profile and Google dupes down the road.

CRITICAL name and address are formatted properly on the Place page and that he sticks with that exact format going forward on all future yellow page and directory listings.

I cover a lot of NAP formatting and research issues in my Advanced Places Training because it's critical to build everything on a proper foundation. I also teach how to edit that name without having to reverify but if you don't know how to do it, let me know and I'll try to give tips. But it's just hard on my carpal to explain it by typing and easier to explain via phone in training.

So can you rank - maybe. But REALLY need to carefully be sure you are covering all bases on the Place page - starting with the most critical part - getting NAP right.

Thanks Linda,

That already explains a lot.

The information is a problem with clients. I've checked this and you are right, he is already listed on a medical directory with different information. So I'm going to need to get him to change the information so that it is the same.

I also teach how to edit that name without having to reverify but if you don't know how to do it, let me know and I'll try to give tips. But it's just hard on my carpal to explain it by typing and easier to explain via phone in training.
- I won't be able to invest in the training right now. But it is definitely something I will look into in a few months time. If you are able to give me any tips now I would really appreciate your offer of help.

In terms of carpal tunnel - get yourself a gadget called Powerball. I used to sell them here in South Africa and had huge success with many people battling with carpal as well as many who used it to recover from the carpal operation. Many used it to rapidly recover from operations.
Here is the site that we used to get our stock from:
http://www.powerballs.com/ This is not an affiliate link!!!
I'm certain you will have success with the product....

If you want further info let me know.

Regards

Greg

Well actually you may not want him to change the info out there and should change the name as listed on the Place page instead, like I said to the professional version of the name as likely the med/chiro directories are automatically going to list him that way.

Talk to him about the initial and find out if it's in his license and if he usually uses it and get the name right on the Place page 1st. THEN get him to match other listings if they are wrong.

Thanks for the powerball tip. I thought I had bought or at least researched every carpal solution out there. That's a new one.

FYI when it gets really bad I even mouse click with my toes. SERIOUSLY! I have an old roller mouse, remove the mouse ball (poor mouse :p) and stick it to the floor so it does not move and then just click with my foot.

Well actually you may not want him to change the info out there and should change the name as listed on the Place page instead, like I said to the professional version of the name as likely the med/chiro directories are automatically going to list him that way.

Talk to him about the initial and find out if it's in his license and if he usually uses it and get the name right on the Place page 1st. THEN get him to match other listings if they are wrong.

Thanks for the powerball tip. I thought I had bought or at least researched every carpal solution out there. That's a new one.

FYI when it gets really bad I even mouse click with my toes. SERIOUSLY! I have an old roller mouse, remove the mouse ball (poor mouse :p) and stick it to the floor so it does not move and then just click with my foot.

Thanks Linda,

Actually just checked his medical listing. It's Dr Smilkstein, Steven Mark. I wasn't aware that he had this. The info is definitely not the same across several directories. I'll have to talk to him.

Getting back to Powerball. This is not a toy or nice-to-have gadget....it's a serious fitness and health gadget. I had one client who had the operation and was told he couldn't work for 3 months. He was a bike mechanic so you can imagine the pressure exerted on his wrists. After using Powerball for a couple of weeks, he was back at work.

My son fell out of a tree and snapped both arms, just above the wrist. In plaster for 6 weeks, had pins removed and FIVE weeks later was swinging golf clubs. No physio or anything else...just used the ball every day. My own tennis elbow was sorted in 3 weeks. I have many other testimonials.....Damn maybe I should start selling these things again.

At the very least, order one....you have nothing to lose!!!

Best regards

Greg

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 PM ----------

After you research and discuss name with client and ARE SURE you have the right formatting, here is how to change it without having to reverify.

I found an old blog post where I explain it so I don't need to re-type. See #6.
GOLD MINE TIME SAVING TIPS!

Google Places Help Verification Problems and Tips for Consultants

Thanks Linda,
Appreciate your help.

Regards

Greg

OK I admit I only briefly glanced before at PowerBall. Going back now for a closer look. WOWSER! What testimonials! Go affiliate GO! (I also own and pretty big and well known Affiliate Marketing company, so while aff links are not allowed here, I'm all for it everywhere else!) :)

Anyone else with carpal pain or want passive exercise for forearms and wrists? This looks like the bomb.

Here are the PowerBalls on Amazon.
Amazon.com: NSD - Prime Eligible: Sports Outdoors

I got the higher end model with auto start and LED for 54.99.

THANKs for the tip Greg!!!

Pleasure Linda...

That model is a good choice. Just start gently when you receive it. It can be quite a monster when it gets going.

Looking forward to hearing your positive results.

Regards

Greg

Thank you for re-posting your tips Linda. Love the NAP change tip!:D On a few occasions I edited a clients Nap and did not have to re-verify and was wondering if there was a signal in there that could be avoided, and now I have confirmation.

TY again and I love the forum you guys have put together, giving all of us local lovers a priceless resource and a place to bang or heads together over the craziness of local.

Thank you for re-posting your tips Linda. Love the NAP change tip!:D On a few occasions I edited a clients Nap and did not have to re-verify and was wondering if there was a signal in there that could be avoided, and now I have confirmation.

TY again and I love the forum you guys have put together, giving all of us local lovers a priceless resource and a place to bang or heads together over the craziness of local.

You're welcome Jordan AND welcome!

Kinda sorta thought we all needed a "a place to bang our heads together over the craziness of local." :p

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom