More threads by Ajay Prasad

Reaction score
Hi there,

I apologize first for posting schema related question for multiple business location page when there are several threads on this. I have gone through those questions and great answers by Linda and David as well but I didn't get quite the answer for my question [also I am a little confused as well]. So here's my question

I have added JSON-LD markup code for Organization on my company's website with . It is in the header [site-wide]. My company has one more location for which a page has been added recently. Now my question is how do I correctly markup the content on that location page with JSON-LD? If I markup the location data on that specific location page, will there be an issue considering that there is already a JSON-LD code for Org in the header?

Can Microdata be used for marking up the location on that specific landing page considering that one JSON-LD markup is already running in the header?

Please help!

Eagerly waiting for a reply on this

Your best bet would be to find a plugin that allows you to upload different schemas and choose what pages they appear on. There are quite a few out there. Try doing a Google search for "json scehma markup generator." As for adding microdata, I am pretty sure Google guides webmasters to only use one type of markup on a page but that may have changed recently.

It really depends on your page structure, but if you have 1 set of markup for the primary location (across the website) and page describing the others, I would use an in-line schema markup to denote which are which within that page.

Hi Ajay. Well, in a best case scenario, you really should have unique structured data markup on every page, since every page of your website is likewise unique. And it's not a good idea to have two separate/independent sets of markups on the page. Ideally, you'd want to nest everything together. So if possible, try creating unique markups for each page using either microdata or JSON-LD, then you can control exactly what gets included and what does not.

David

@mborgelt Thanks for the reply! But as far as I can guess you are suggesting an answer for WordPress based sites.

---------- Post Merged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:36 PM ----------

It really depends on your page structure, but if you have 1 set of markup for the primary location (across the website) and page describing the others, I would use an in-line schema markup to denote which are which within that page.

Hey @heckler,

I get your point but do you have an example that shows what you are suggesting? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post Merged at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Hi Ajay. Well, in a best case scenario, you really should have unique structured data markup on every page, since every page of your website is likewise unique. And it's not a good idea to have two separate/independent sets of markups on the page. Ideally, you'd want to nest everything together. So if possible, try creating unique markups for each page using either microdata or JSON-LD, then you can control exactly what gets included and what does not.

David

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting that I should only have the ORG schema on the homepage in the <body> section and one markup on the location page marking up the NAP and map? Can you give me an example that shows the same? Please note that only my primary location is listed in the footer and the second location hasn't been added yet.

Hi Ajay. Well, it's difficult to give you specific advice without seeing your website, but since you're using JSON-LD, it might be best to remove what you have in the site-wide header and instead add the scripts directly to the pages themselves. And yes, each page should have only one JSON-LD script.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom