More threads by Craig

Craig

Reaction score
Searching High and low for up-to-date information on how to best handle a client moving their business. They are moving in 3 months. It's a new client, should I claim as much as I can under their current address then change their address later. Or create new listings later? Or something else?

I have the process for google, but I would like to minimize their rankings drop as much as possible by attacking the citations and local listings as best as possible.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/business/announcements/BGiJRRhVnm0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Assuming the phone number is staying the same, I'd suggest updating the current listings (rather than creating new ones).

Thanks Phil! So I should start claiming all their listings data(axiom,localeze,infogroup,yp,yahoo,foursquare.........) now with their current address, then in a few months change them all? I thought at one point someone had a detailed article on all this, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Hey Craig,

If the move is more than a couple months away, yeah, I'd recommend claiming those listings now and just updating them later. Claiming is the time-intensive part anyway. FYI, I wouldn't bother with Yahoo. They make it impossible.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom