More threads by Christa Morgante

Reaction score
Hi All!

I wanted to share some news (at least to me) about Yext and some of the directory sites they work with. Just recently I noticed in InsiderPages, when you try to claim a listing, it redirects you to Yext's scan tool and then forces you to create a Yext account in order to update your listing. I reached out to Yext to get further clarification, and below are all of the directory publishers where Yext is the default claim, and an individual user will no longer be able to create an account and manage a listing without going through Yext. Hopefully this will save you some time!

8Coupons
AmericanTowns
InsiderPages
Local.com
LocalDatabase
LocalPages
Mapquest
ShowMeLocal
Switchboard
Topix
USCity.net
Where To?
Whitepages
Yellowise
YellowMoxie

It's interesting to me that these directory sites are partnering solely with Yext -- makes me wonder what's to come as far as listing submissions and being forced to use a specific tool to build quality citations. Not all of these are the most authoritative sites, but a good percentage are very useful.

Thanks for sharing Christa.

"It's interesting to me that these directory sites are partnering solely with Yext..."

I suspect listing management is just a challenge and problem area for most directories and if they are offering it as a free service, then it's not profitable to continue doing it. So partnering with Yext I guess makes sense for the ones that do.

Hi All!

I wanted to share some news (at least to me) about Yext and some of the directory sites they work with. Just recently I noticed in InsiderPages, when you try to claim a listing, it redirects you to Yext's scan tool and then forces you to create a Yext account in order to update your listing. I reached out to Yext to get further clarification, and below are all of the directory publishers where Yext is the default claim, and an individual user will no longer be able to create an account and manage a listing without going through Yext. Hopefully this will save you some time!

8Coupons
AmericanTowns
InsiderPages
Local.com
LocalDatabase
LocalPages
Mapquest
ShowMeLocal
Switchboard
Topix
USCity.net
Where To?
Whitepages
Yellowise
YellowMoxie

It's interesting to me that these directory sites are partnering solely with Yext -- makes me wonder what's to come as far as listing submissions and being forced to use a specific tool to build quality citations. Not all of these are the most authoritative sites, but a good percentage are very useful.

Some of these are incorrect.

Whitepages still takes 1 of the 4 major data aggregators I believe. Insiderpages is submitted to by Moz Local. Local.com still claims you can get on there without Yext but I've had issues with it within the last month. Mapquest has a support form where you can submit your listing.

I would imagine there are many other cases of this but off the top of my head, that's the best I have.

@Joshua

They can still be created via aggregators & Moz Local, and even submit the info to the publishers directly as you stated, but to claim and/or edit a listing, and manage it on your own, you will need to work through the partnering submission tool. Maybe this is still in the works, as it was new to me as well. However, I spoke with Yext directly and this was the list they provided for directories who have Yext as their default claim.

@Joshua

They can still be created via aggregators & Moz Local, and even submit the info to the publishers directly as you stated, but to claim and/or edit a listing, and manage it on your own, you will need to work through the partnering submission tool. Maybe this is still in the works, as it was new to me as well. However, I spoke with Yext directly and this was the list they provided for directories who have Yext as their default claim.

Ahh, misread, my apologies.

Although you can still manage local.com from what I can tell. Unless something has changed within the last month or so?

Hi All!

8Coupons
AmericanTowns
InsiderPages
Local.com
LocalDatabase
LocalPages
Mapquest
ShowMeLocal
Switchboard
Topix
USCity.net
Where To?
Whitepages
Yellowise
YellowMoxie

Just wanted to give an update on these as I dug through them.

AmericanTowns, Local.com, Mapquest, ShowMeLocal, and Yellowise can all be updated on their own.

411, insiderpages, switchboard, and whitepages all take expressupdate data.

You can pay for a listing on uscity.net.

Where To? is an app.

But for 8coupons, localdatabase, localpages, topix,and yellowmoxie, Christa is right, you're on your own.

Hope that helps.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom