More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Have some good news. At least if it's not a test and fully rolls out, but more and more people are seeing this, so my gut says rollout...

PHONE #s BACK IN THE PACK

Phonebackin3pack.jpg

So if this sticks then we'll really have everything a consumer needs to see in the SERPs without having to click to Local Finder. Category + address + phone + today's either "open at" or "closing" at hours.

h/t to Andre Willis who shared it at the Pro Community.

The original post was from Jen at the SEMpost:

<a href="http://www.thesempost.com/google-returns-phone-numbers-addresses-to-local-3-pack/">Google Returns Phone Numbers & Addresses to Local 3-Pack</a>

But we already had addresses before, so it's really phone that's new and such an important piece of data to have omitted!

Thanks Google! Please make this stick!

What do you think?
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Phonebackin3pack.jpg

Interesting Linda - here in Seattle, I'm not seeing the numbers in the pack (signed into Chrome or not signed into Chrome).

I'm also not seeing the phone number yet in the auto vertical

screenshot-www google com 2015-09-24 11-21-26.jpg

screenshot-www google com 2015-09-24 11-21-26.jpg

Thanks Colleen!

Yes many are not seeing. Mike did a survey on Twitter and many are not seeing yet. I don't think it matters what city you search for. It's where you, the searcher are located.
OR depends if you are sitting on a data center that's updated with that algo.

Should have mentioned I did that screenshot in FF.
INTERESTING, just checked in Chrome and don't have phone #s.

Nice find! I'm not able to replicate in Canada yet.

Pretty wild that categories are now displaying in the pack. Certainly makes for a solid reason to ensure the you have the desired category displaying.

Nice find! I'm not able to replicate in Canada yet.

Pretty wild that categories are now displaying in the pack. Certainly makes for a solid reason to ensure the you have the desired category displaying.

OK I thought it was just me seeing that - I've looked at so many dang 3 packs recently, I can no longer remember what's going on LOL!

OK I thought it was just me seeing that - I've looked at so many dang 3 packs recently, I can no longer remember what's going on LOL!

Ya it's hard to keep track and try to remember what change happened when.

But both categories and addresses were in the pack at least since mid August.
Here are a couple screenshots.

Haha, I was thinking the hours was new too, but they were around back in those SERPs too.

I've got phone numbers in the pack here in Chrome, in Chicago

Ya it's hard to keep track and try to remember what change happened when.

But both categories and addresses were in the pack at least since mid August.
Here are a couple screenshots.

Haha, I was thinking the hours was new too, but they were around back in those SERPs too.

Linda - it does look like Google is putting more address info in the pack now. Previously, it was just the street name. We now also get the actual address/ suite #s. I believe this is new, we weren't getting the full address previously, just the street name.

Either way - these are great changes, let's hope they stick.

PS - mobile SERPs still do not have phone numbers, just a "CALL" button and the category, street name, and hours of operation in the pack.

I'm seeing addresses, too, Robert. Good find.

Also, Darren Shaw is seeing them in Canada. Seems to be a full rollout. Just posted on it.

Linda - it does look like Google is putting more address info in the pack now. Previously, it was just the street name. We now also get the actual address/ suite #s. I believe this is new, we weren't getting the full address previously, just the street name.

Either way - these are great changes, let's hope they stick.

PS - mobile SERPs still do not have phone numbers, just a "CALL" button and the category, street name, and hours of operation in the pack.

Ahhh you are totally right Robert. I was going too fast when I looked at those screenshots.

Mike said in the Pro community, this seems to have rolled out worldwide now.

So that means it's the new normal for today or however long it lasts. :)

This is great news, thank you for sharing.

I also noticed the review number in brackets which is also new.

Hi Linda:

Great news. I'm finding in checking a number of our clients out this morning that it's not yet universal, but maybe that's coming.

Sorry Jon, just the opposite of coming... going, going, gone!

Spotty Thursday, growing to pretty much full coverage later Thurs and Friday.
This AM started getting spotty. Now they are all gone again! :mad:

And they're back! For me at least. And Robert Ramirez mentioned at Mike's he sees them too.

What about you? Are you seeing phone #s again???

#googlemakesmedizzy

FYI it just occurred to me, right before a big update things sometimes get wonky and changes start flipflopping all over the place.

My spidey senses tell me something might be up.

After I posted that last night, I checked Twitter and was pinged. Here's a Twitter convo with Robert, Mike and Phil all confirming last night.

And lo and behold, today we STILL have phone #s. How long it will last is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

Sheez, Linda, DIZZY is an understatement! Hey, today I noticed something else that seemed new in the local results. Take a look at the descriptor in the result (see screen grab). The "buyer and seller of goods for cash" gives this business a whole extra description line and I'm wondering if any of you have seen this and can help figure out how to get something like this included? (although by doing so it eliminates the reviews)...

2015-09-30_08-49-22.jpg

2015-09-30_08-49-22.jpg

WHOA! Score one for Mitch!

Need to go walk puppy, but can't wait to dig in and investigate how that happened and if it's widely showing up, when I get back.

Thanks for sharing!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom