More threads by brentnau

Reaction score
So client obtained a virtual address and I found that the address is associated with another company in the same vertical (and ranks very well in local pack). Everything is the same except the phone number. How would this impact the client's ability within the local pack?

Hi Brent,

Well 1st off, virtual addresses are not allowed, so he could get dinged just for that.

And too, it could look to the algo that this is really one business, trying to get away with 2 listings by using diff name, site and phone.

Additionally, even totally legit dupes normally kill ranking. For instance 2 Dr listings and a practice all at the same location.

So I think his plan is pretty much doomed to failure, especially if the other one has been there longer and is already ranking well.

So I think his plan is pretty much doomed to failure, especially if the other one has been there longer and is already ranking well.

here's a related interesting question: could doing this actually hurt the other listing's ranking ability?

And if it did, would that be a bad thing? After all, they should not be rewarded for using a virtual address either, right? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom