More threads by consultant

Reaction score
I thought the BBB had two types of listings, a free lists and a BBB accreditation listing that cost a fee. The point out on their search results clearly which are accredited and which aren't. I can't for the life of me find any article about (that is current) or any function on the BBB website for adding a business besides the accreditation request which is "As low as $52 a month."

--- edit --

They moved the link from the instruction you see on the net. It now appears at the top. Duh.

I don't think there's ever been a free-submission option at BBB. Your listing gets picked up from other sources (probably the usual suspects, like InfoGroup, Acxiom, etc.).

Really the only way to add a listing it to get accredited.

Re: Has the BBB Discontinued "Free" Listings - Better Business Bureau

My experience matches Phil's. The only "free" route is to hope and wait that nuestar, express update, factual, or Axciom adds to their index. Then wait for BBB to pull it from one of the mentioned aggregators.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Has the BBB Discontinued "Free" Listings - Better Business Bureau

I have the oposite information for you.

The BBB does pick up information from the various other business listing agrigators, but you can also get the phone call from the BBB asking for you to sign up with them.

They will, at that point, insert your name into the database, add the extra information regarding what services you offer, year in business, point of contact and website address. This is 100% free. You search for the business, it doesn't find results, then you fill out a form for the BBB to create a record. They call, verify some information, pitch the sale, and enter the information to their database. It can take up to 30 days to be listed on the site.

The paid price is the only way to be BBB Accredited, and at that point you'd get the flag on their website, and the opportunity to put their logo on your site.

We actually just went through this with our local BBB in Omaha just two weeks ago. Our name is not yet in their listing.

On a side note - and maybe this deserves it's own thread - the BBB is now listing all links to websites as "rel=nofollow", so the great Domain Authority of 97 is now with "0" in terms of SEO power. I have an article posting on this later today or tomorrow on our site.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom