More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
image1.jpg

Here is a great local search 101 post from Scott Davis that has cool images and is fun to read.

Bookmark for that client that wants to understand the basics, or even for a brand new green employee who needs to get the big picture.

<a href="http://blog.valetinteractive.com/2015/10/top-3-local-search-necessities/">Top 3 Local Search Necessities: Links, Citations & Maps, Oh my!</a>

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

The simple strategy above is just the beginning of a full-fledged, local SMB marketing campaign, but it should provide a good starting point for the basic necessities of marketing your business in local search. I’ve put your feet on the yellow brick road and pointed you toward the Emerald City of dominating Local Search. The rest of the journey is up to you, your team of professional marketers and your marketing budget.

Above is just a partial snippet, click through to read the rest.

I have not added to our 101 section for awhile, so this was the perfect fit.

Great post. Thanks Scott!

What do you guy think? Fun read???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

image1.jpg

WHOA! That search result for "appliance repair dallas" is interesting!
(FYI must set location to Dallas to see the bad pack.

Scott's screenshot shows none of the 3 pack results have a website. I get 1 of the 3 with a site.

There are LOTs of appliance repair shops in Dallas with sites and reviews.
Not sure why that pack is so strange.

#3 "Flying Valentine's Appliance Repair" not only does not have a site. It does not even have a phone #. According to a Yelp review #3 may even be closed. So not a great pack at all.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom