More threads by Eric Rohrback

Eric Rohrback

Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed this when doing some prep work for an upcoming blog post, and can't really put my finger on why Google would decide to display two similar queries differently.

Query: Moving Truck
Moving Truck - 10.17.15.jpg

Query: Moving Truck Rental
Moving Truck Rental - 10.17.15.jpg

Why do you guys think Google decided to show the letter markers in one, but not the other... also the order is slightly different and the names are removed from one of the maps.

What do you think? I thought intent was pretty similar in both queries, but the maps would definitely force a different behavior.

Moving Truck - 10.17.15.jpg

Moving Truck Rental - 10.17.15.jpg

Hi Eric,

Also note on that 2nd display style NO REVIEWs.

I posted about this back in August:
<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/35620-google-testing-new-local-brand-3-packs-good-news-bad-news.html">Google Testing New Local Brand 3 Packs - Good News & Bad News</a>

That 2nd display usually only shows when Google is pretty sure you are doing a brand search. If she's totally sure and there is only one location, she'll show a one-box.
But if she 'thinks' its a brand search but isn't certain OR if there are multiple locations for a brand, she'll show that A,B,C brand pack.

That's my best guess anyway. So maybe because so many have "Truck Rental" in the name, she's a little confused and thinks it's a brand search?

Pay close attention to the title tags for each query.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom