More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I read Rand Fishkin's presentation this morning and it had some really awesome pointers. Here were my notes from it along with the whole presentation.

- "SEOs feel on average the algo is flattening and the days of a single factor having an overwhelming impact are fading"
- Health websites that link out more tend to rank higher, however dining sites don't see the same pattern.
- Length of content wasn't so much of a factor for dining sites (probably because no restaurants can naturally have long content)
- The correlation of social sharing to ranking is less for real estate than it is for health-related sites.
- In their tests, raw URL mentions had no impact on ranking (not like links)
- Social shares do not lead to links.

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/slJWfL1IFQPamN" width="425" height="355" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> <strong> <a href="//www.slideshare.net/randfish/search-ranking-factors-in-2015" title="Search Ranking Factors in 2015" target="_blank">Search Ranking Factors in 2015</a> </strong> from <strong><a href="//www.slideshare.net/randfish" target="_blank">Rand Fishkin</a></strong> </div>

Thanks so much for sharing Joy.

And posting from the Summit? Now that's dedication!

Great post, Joy. I find it interesting how much more scattered the community has become on what works/how much.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom