More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
JoyWhyNoRank.jpg

Why Doesn't My Business Rank in the Google Local 3 Pack?

Consultants have you ever heard that question before?

Business owners have you ever wondered that yourself?

Joy Hawkins did great presentation last month for SMX that's filled with the main and very solid answers to why you may not be ranking in the new 3 pack.

Rachel Rossicone shared this at our Pro Community last week so I wanted to be sure to share here as well. See the question that came up over there, below, after you watch the deck.

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/9cl4Ai7Pxc7yT5" width="595" height="485" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"><strong> <a href="//www.slideshare.net/SearchMarketingExpo/why-doesnt-my-business-rank-in-the-maps-section-on-google-by-joy-hawkins" title="Why Doesn't My Business Rank in the Maps Section on Google?
By Joy Hawkins" target="_blank">Why Doesn't My Business Rank in the Maps Section on Google?</a>
By Joy Hawkins </strong> from <strong><a href="//www.slideshare.net/SearchMarketingExpo" target="_blank">Search Marketing Expo - SMX</a></strong> </div>​

Rachel Rossicone at the Pro Community said:

+Joy Hawkins has a great slide deck on why a business might not rank in the maps section on Google!

Joy, in slide #10 you mentioned contacting GMB support to merge open & closed listings. Do you have any advice on how to accomplish this? I find it extremely difficult to work with support to get this done. A lot of the times they refuse to merge the listings to keep historical data (gr!). Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Head over to the Local Search Pros Community to read Joy's reply and the other questions and comments that came up.

And in case you missed it, here is the duplicate troubleshooting post Joy referenced:
<a href="http://www.joyannehawkins.com/the-proper-way-to-deal-with-duplicates-in-google-my-business/">The Proper Way To Deal with Duplicates in Google My Business</a>

What do you think about that deck? Good one right?

Any other questions for Joy???

Let's get a discussion going around these points and do some brainstorming about more solutions.

JoyWhyNoRank.jpg

Re: If you Don't Rank in the Google Local 3 Pack Here are the Main Reasons - Joy Hawk

Whoa, sorry have to admit I didn't even watch the whole thing til now. Just knew if it was from Joy it would be good enough to share.

But I have to tell you there is some VERY meaty stuff in here that 90% of consultants don't know.
NOT EVEN THE PROs.

And this deck shows those that are maybe new to local, even experienced SEOs just how damn complicated Google Local can be to get right!

How to show all the results Google has filtered out is one of the good tips that can really be helpful for troubleshooting ranking issues!

So check it out and let us know which of the many new tricks Joy shared that you liked best.

Great deck, and some awesome tips! I bet there are dozens of consultants out there running into the exact same issues, and don't know how to get it right. Definitely worth saving for future use :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom