More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
ForumMoving.jpg

The Google and Your Business Forum is moving to a new home tomorrow. We are upgrading to a really cool new platform, called Lithium. You would not believe all the features and how much more helpful it will be to users. (I've had a hard time sitting on this one. Could not wait to share.)

"The Google Advertiser Community" is a brand new master community we'll be moving into.
3 communities will live inside: Google AdWords, Google and Your Business and Google Analytics.

You can get a semi preview if you view the Google AdWords Community. I say "semi" because there will be a big re-design when everything launches tomorrow, so design and lots more will change. But that will give you a little taste of how much cooler it will be.

There are some super exciting features. (This coming from the woman who kicked and screamed about the last forum change we had, which was not that long ago.) So if I'm impressed, that means it's pretty awesome.

I don't think I can say too much more til after we launch on Wednesday. In fact I thought this was top secret til launch, but they added the announcement below to the forum landing page, so guess I can share the news today.

Google Business Forum announcement

We have some very exciting news to share - we are upgrading the Google and Your Business forum to a newly redesigned community called Google Advertiser Community! This will house the Google and Your Business, Google Analytics and Google AdWords communities.

The Google Advertiser Community is built on the Lithium platform and if you’ve ever visited the AdWords community, you’ve seen Lithium in action. We will be moving on November 4th, 2015 and this platform will become read-only on that day. We'll share the link for the new community on October 4th and hope to see you posting there soon!

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any existing threads going right now, I'd try to wrap them up and get resolution tomorrow. The old forum will be read-only on Wednesday, so you won't be able to continue current threads there. But we'll be able to move a thread over I think, if it's an ongoing issue and needs to be continued there. But best to just wrap it up if you can.

And with that... we'll see you on the other side. :)

ForumMoving.jpg

Re: Google Business Forum: Moving to New Google Advertiser Community & New Platform

WOOT WOOT! See you on the other side!

Re: Google Business Forum: Moving to New Google Advertiser Community & New Platform

Well, what a perfect time to make my grand entrance.

Sounds exciting Linda. Forgive my ignorance, but how does the transition work? Do we just use the same credentials, will the community just show up at the AdWords community link you shared in the post?

Sounds exciting Linda. Forgive my ignorance, but how does the transition work? Do we just use the same credentials, will the community just show up at the AdWords community link you shared in the post?

No not ignorance Ross, good questions!

Trying to remember from the demo... I know you can still use your existing email and G+ profile.
I think tomorrow it will either re-direct you or there will be an announcement with link to the new community.

Once there, you will have to accept the new T&Cs. And THERE you can set up a cool personal profile, unlike before - so you'll want to do that too. :)

Everything goes live at 8 AM tomorrow. So you'll be able to see then. It's cool! (Have I said that enough?)

Peggy K raised some great issues and had some questions for me on Google+.
Thought I'd share the post here in case answers are helpful for anyone else.

<a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/101037504613481726969/posts/9zKHWQ5NxZF?cfem=1">Google Business Forum: Moving to Brand New "Google Advertiser Community" on the Lithium Platform</a>

And we are live. Woo hoo!

Check it out: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

There are a ton of features buried. I'm trying to get a post ready for tomorrow.
If you don't post there much you many not realize how much better it is.
But it looks a lot better right???

What do you think?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom