More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I had a client about 3 weeks back, who ranked in the top 4 consistently in the local finder and in local pack, just drop to a strange mixture of rankings fluctuating between 4-14. So weird.

Then, 2 days ago had another client in the top 10 consistently drop back in the 30's. Then today they dropped back to the 50's.

Also today had another client drop 20 spots in the local finder as well.

I have other clients holding strong in the local finder or increasing. It's weird.

Anyone else?

That does sound really odd. Have you made sure it's not related to the ranking tracker you're using being wrong? Or do you see them actually dropping as well when you check?

my site has totally dropped off organic . my main page today. I have done nothing but clean up some old spammy links.

Today poof I cant even find them.

Is there a penguin update rolling out ?

That does sound really odd. Have you made sure it's not related to the ranking tracker you're using being wrong? Or do you see them actually dropping as well when you check?

Yeah. The first thing I checked was that. In fact, I though to myself, "Sigh, rank tracker broke again".

Nope.

The only thing that was broken was my ranking. And consequently, my heart :(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom