More threads by Klaas Koopman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've heard that local seo for dentists, in Amerika for example, is quite competitive. And because I want to test and proof myself in one of the more competitive markets, I thought, why not start with dentists in my country?

What I don't understand is, why aren't the dentists in my country interested in online marketing? When I do a search for alot of dentists, even in the big cities, they all have a website that probably has been build in 2005 or something and never been updated.

Is there anyone who can help me with tips on how to get in touch with these dentists and proof them that local seo IS important for them, in order to get new clients?

My first thought was:
Find a city with more then 10 dentists, contact every dentist that isn't in the local pack and also not in the top 10 results for their city and contact them. But none reply or they say: We are in top 10 of google when you search for 'exact name + city'. *bangs head to the table*

Please help me out here and I'll keep you guys updated on this project.

I'm really not proficient in SEO/marketing for internationals, since there is not only a language barrier in many countries but also a cultural barrier (not familiar with customs/regulations outside of the US). That being said, I would think that socialized medicine plays somewhat of a role, since the insurance may dictate where you go (maybe? that's kind of how it is here). I'm really not sure why the mentality would be "i'm in the top 10, so I'm good" over in the Netherlands, because that's not how it is here.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I assume dentists are more competitive because health insurance is required in the US but dental is more of an additional benefit. Many people don't have dental insurance, so dentists are making money by charging the customer higher prices instead of negotiating with the insurance company for prices?

If that's not right, let me know. I'm trying to wrap my head around this situation because it seems weird that a medical industry doesn't care about online marketing like they do here in the US. This is an interesting scenario that I haven't seen before.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this situation because it seems weird that a medical industry doesn't care about online marketing like they do here in the US.

Hello Eric - it is probably down to regulations. For instance, here in France advertising by healthcare professionals is not allowed

Best

Andy

Hello Eric - it is probably down to regulations. For instance, here in France advertising by healthcare professionals is not allowed

Best

Andy

I don't believe this has anything to do with it, since it's legal to advertise here. And some are doing this in Adwords for example. But somehow not many create a proper website. It's either:
1. a website from the year 2000
2. it's a website from this 1 company that builds them all for them (almost all of them are thesame with a bad seo construction.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom