More threads by intlocal

No, that's showing as intended. Google does not remove pages anymore (they made that announcement a little while ago), but instead marks the page as "Permanently Closed."

If this was a duplicate, then it should be merged into the correct page. If the business relocated, then it's not actually a duplicate and the closed notice is correct. That page would only show for branded searches, not general queries so as long as you have the correct location optimized you should be ok.

I had the same problem. The duplicate profile didn't merge, was marked as "permanently closed" and came up in the results instead of the open location profile associated with the account. It only got resolved by calling support.
RH

No, that's showing as intended. Google does not remove pages anymore (they made that announcement a little while ago), but instead marks the page as "Permanently Closed."

If this was a duplicate, then it should be merged into the correct page. If the business relocated, then it's not actually a duplicate and the closed notice is correct. That page would only show for branded searches, not general queries so as long as you have the correct location optimized you should be ok.

Thanks Eric! Wish we could mark a best answer here. I would have done that on your post! :)

I've answered that same question so many times that's become my default response :D

True duplicates are an issue and should be merged, but old locations won't. If you're questioning what's a dupe and what's not... Yext put together a nice webinar explaining - follow this link to the thread

Hopefully that helps a little!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom