More threads by HurricaneK8

Reaction score
Just wanted to give anyone who does Facebook ads for clients a heads-up. We had one of our accounts hacked into and ads run out of it, on our company credit-cards dime. The ads were to a spammy site, surprise surprise. I'm not sure if this is a new type of spam or not, it's the first time I've seen it.

Luckily it was one of our accounts we're in daily, so we spotted the "Your Ad Has Been Approved" message right away, and saw it definitely wasn't one of our clients.

So if you run Facebook ads, or your clients do, keep an eye out for Ad Approval emails, and login frequently to check for these schemes.

Thanks for the heads up k8!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hackers are certainly getting more inventive these days. Thanks for heads up, K8!

There are tons of information and websites that offer to hack Facebook account password, some claim to hack them using the "expertise" they gained in last X years , some claim to hack it using previously existing loopholes...

I think, however, that there is NO Facebook hacking software, no site or tool that can hack or crack Facebook.

but it's still possible by using Phishing, Keylogging, Social engineering, Cookie Stealing techniques, etc.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom