More threads by FriarTuck00

Reaction score
In looking through the Google MyBusiness Insights for some of my clients, I'm noticing some very high spikes in Profile Views. They all seem to be from November 11 and 12. Has anyone here seen that as well?

In looking at more Insights data for different clients, the spikes seem to have occurred between 11/11 and 11/17. Any ideas?

I checked 10 GMB pages and only saw 1 with a spike that week.

I personally think there are many discrepancies in those stats. Google webmaster tools stats are often garbage as well.

Or sometimes google will move a website into top positions for a short period of time to measurement click through rates, time on site, and other engagement metrics. If those metrics aren't better than those sites normally in top position - then google will move it back out of top results. This could also explain the spike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I echo what Cody said. I checked a few accounts and only found one big spike on November 19th for one of them.

Insights are a great tool to look at trends, but otherwise need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom