Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Consider Listening to an Audiobook

During the times of the day (or the days) that I tend to be doing pretty tedious tasks I need to be listening to something... anything. Headphones need to be on to focus in and knock out work like title tag updates, keyword research prep, or data analysis in spreadsheets.

I used to listen to the radio or Pandora stations, but recently I've started listening to audiobooks. If your local library has an app (free books) that's one good way to get some awesome titles, or YouTube even has audiobooks uploaded.

Check out this one from Seth Godin (Poke the Box) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq58-p5kjsQ

Expand your mind and change your thinking. Books are great No time for reading? You definitely have time to listen :P
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Consider Listening to an Audiobook

Love Seth Godin! Thanks for sharing Eric.
    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah audio books are great. But I still can't manage to concentrate anything other than tasks I am doing. I could be driving, working on my PC or whatever. I don't remember what was the chapter about!

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by georgieetheI View Post
    Yeah audio books are great. But I still can't manage to concentrate anything other than tasks I am doing.
    That's my take too. I used to think I was 'good at multitasking' but all that really meant was that I was having a hard time focusing. For me at least, it's way better to batten down the hatches, plow through my work, and then spend my free time fully engaging with whatever it is I'm interested in reading/listening to at the time.

I should definitely start getting back into business books again though, been reading mostly pulp fiction for the last while...

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

I'm another person who listens to music, but not words, when I'm working.