More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
As far as I recall this is a brand new feature. I'm still chewing over the implications but wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this update.

<a href="https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/News-Updates/Keeping-Your-Location-Status-Up-to-Date/m-p/491008">Keeping Your Location Status Up to Date - The Google Advertiser Community - 491008</a>

closeopenGMB.png

closeopenGMB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
re: Update: Close & Open Listings Within GMB

Good catch Colan. I was unable to check the community yesterday.

This is GREAT news for listings erroneously marked closed. That is IF they'll put priority on what the owner indicates in dash, vs bots and public users edits.

Good points Linda!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I'm slow and need pictures to understand ; ) but I don't know how this changes anything about closed listings. Is there any value over closing the listing in maps?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good point Cody. I think the idea is that it gives the business owner more ability to keep their listings organized.

What I'm wondering is if a closed listing is still technically claimed and verified in the GMB, does the live closed listing linger in the SERP's for a longer period of time?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Great find Colan. I am also curious as which action has the most authority (Maps vs GMB) and if this method is any faster than maps. Either way, another tool for the local search tool belt!

I founds out about a helpful new GMB Locations update a couple days ago too.

Working on the post about it now.

From what we've seen, marking a location as open in the dash when it's incorrectly closed clears the flag in about 48-72 hrs. In our experience, this is much faster than reporting the listing as open on Maps.

Edit: Some listings in the dash don't give you the option to clear the perm closed flag so it seems there are still some quirks/bugs with the functionality.

I usually get this question along with others during a quick survey upon visiting the location.

Sometimes ther's only one questions other times there's 10.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom