More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
GoogleSmalBusiness.jpg

Interested in becoming a Google Small Business Expert Advisor?

Priya Chandra emailed me today to let me know that the Google Small Business Community is looking for experts in various fields to help in the community.

<a href="https://plus.google.com/+GoogleBusiness/posts/d36d9wWtthR">Google Small Business</a>

Calling all Experts: +Google Small Business is looking for experts in a variety of fields to be Google Small Business Advisors. 

WHAT IS A GOOGLE SMALL BUSINESS ADVISOR?

The GSBC Advisors are a hand-picked group of experts in a variety of fields that are related to concerns that small business owners may have. The Advisors are considered and endorsed by the Google Small Business Community to be knowledgeable authorities in their given industries.

As a GSBC Advisor, there are opportunities to contribute content to the community, in the form of op-ed articles, Twitter chat participation, live Q&A sessions conducted over Hangouts on Air, and more. We also maintain a private, Advisors-only community that allows Advisors to interact with one another and the GSBC team.

GSBC Advisor responsibilities are:

Be available as a resource to the Google moderator team to call on for expertise
Engage directly with members and social audience on a regular basis
Contribute to content pieces, imparting their expert knowledge (e.g. Op-Eds, Hangouts, etc.)
Spread the word about Google Small Business social
Help small businesses succeed online!

Areas of expertise:

Digital Advertising
Motivational / Coaching
Accounting
Graphic / Web Design
Publicity / PR
HR / PeopleOps
Green Biz
Video
SEO / SEM
Legal
Social Media Marketing
Email Marketing

Get more information and the application here: https://goo.gl/LjEeMV

And in case you are not familiar, here is the community: <a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109232418125793730353">Google Small Business Community</a>

This is much different than being a Google Top Contributor but it would give you the opportunity to help SMBs AND to be able to say you are a Google Small Business Expert Advisor. Here is the agreement that spells everything out.

Applications are only being accepted until this Sunday, so get it in today if you are interested.

GoogleSmalBusiness.jpg

Our company has been looking for a way to get more involved in this space. This is a great opportunity! Thanks for sharing, Linda.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing Linda and Priya.

Is this an official Google community backed by Google itself? Or is a community started by volunteers?

Is this still a functioning program?

I just received email spam from another firm, trumpeting their "New Special Relationship With Google" and including this text:

"So I was thrilled at the beginning of the year to become one of a small handful of Google Small Business Advisors. "

I would consider applying but I feel like the perks aren't as good as the TC program and I can only do so much :p

Thanks, Joy. I just wondered whether it was a legitimate claim. I kind of also wonder whether or not their using that as the basis for an email spamming campaign was appropriate.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom